I’m a stickler for paper plate crafts. We always have them and there’s so many things you can do with a paper plate. I saw this craft on Facebook and knew it would be a fun activity to do with Liam while Bennett took his morning nap.
- paper plate
- small piece of cardboard (I used an old teddy graham box. I often recycle my snack boxes, they are a great substitute for cardboard)
- blue paint/blue marker
- pink paint (or color you’d like to paint your jellyfish)
- colorful yarn (we only had navy blue, but you can use a rainbow of colors)
- googly eyes or google eye stickers
- jumbo craft stick (large popcycle stick)
- Elmer’s Glue
- scissors (I used adult and child size, I had Liam help cut the yarn)
I like to let my son make it his own, perfection is not in the product. Of course this does drive me nuts seeing as I’m a perfectionist. He gets so excited knowing it’s unique and he did everything by himself.
Refer to the I Heart Crafty Things page for step by step instructions. Have fun crafting 🙂